I’m working on getting better at meal planning and being intentional about the groceries I buy. Often times I get home from the grocery store and I have a bunch of elements to make several meals but not enough for one complete meal. It saves time and money to PLAN AHEAD and MAKE A LIST of only the ingredients we need.
So, if you follow me on Pinterest at kalissageorgia, my meal planning board has been pretty active lately! If you don’t, follow me here: https://www.pinterest.com/kalissageorgia/
Anyway, I found this awesome recipe. Craig does NOT like baked pasta. He won’t eat any kind of spaghetti bake that I make and was super hesitant to try this but it was a hit! Such a hit in fact, I forgot to take a picture of it when it was completed! (whoops!) I stole this picture from the original site:
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage, mild
- 30 Pepperoni, slices
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 14 ounce jar Pizza sauce
- 8 oz Penne rigate
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Pinch Parsley and red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups Water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and cook breaking up pieces until sausage is cooked thoroughly, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in halved pepperoni slices until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Add in pizza sauce, water, penne, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and stir together until combined.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir then cover.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Turn off heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese until blended.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and then top with remaining whole slices of pepperoni.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove skillet from oven.
- Sprinkle with some parsley and/or red pepper flakes before serving.
Here is a link to the original site: http://www.motherthyme.com/2017/03/one-pot-cheesy-pizza-pasta.html
So give this recipe a shot! Let me know what you think! For more of my favorite quick and easy recipes, check out this link: