It has been awhile since I’ve shared a few of my favorite things that I’m OBSESSED with at the moment.
- Taylor Swift’s new album folklore. I fully intend on writing an entire blog post analyzing each song and explaining why it is my FAVORITE Taylor Swift album (Sorry Red and Reputation!) but in the meantime, forget EVERYTHING you have ever heard from Taylor Swift and give this totally new sound a listen. If you only pick a few songs to listen to, I would say definitely mad woman, exile, and the last great american dynasty are top notch.
- The Chicks new album! OMG! This is the most heart wrenching breakup album but in the funnest way ever! You’ve already heard music from the Chicks – formerly the Dixie Chicks – but they have a totally new sounds when paired with one of my favorite producers Jack Antonoff (also works with the one and only T-Swizzle) so if you were only to pick a few songs off of this album to listen to, I would go with Sleep at Night, Set me Free, and Young Man AND EVERYBODY LOVES YOU! You know what? Just go listen to the whole thing!
- I’m also loving these razors my mom recommended from Amazon. I went from using Bic’s single blade razors to this, and I AM NEVER GOING BACK YOU GUYS! You get 9 razors for like $11! One razor lasted me 2 full months and was just as smooth as the first time I used it! Seriously, give it a shot! Here is the link: https://amzn.to/3gcllCq
- HAMILTON. I’m hesitant to even mention this because nothing I write about this magical show will ever do it justice. Just go watch it on Disney Plus, with the subtitles on. Then download the album. Everything in our house is Hamilton. We speak to each other in rhythm, like we can’t get through a single sentence without making a Hamilton reference. I’ll try really hard to sum it up for those of you who haven’t heard of it: It is the most magical musical about Alexander Hamilton and the revolutionary war. The guy who plays Hamilton (Lin Manuel Miranda) wrote and composed the entire thing over 7 years. It’s amazing, incredible, magnificent, go watch it and come leave me a comment and we can debate over why Eliza gasps at the end.
- Something else I’m obsessed with right now is the mysterious death of Kendrick Johnson – if you aren’t sure what I’m talking about – search “Crime Junkies” on your favorite podcast app and listen to The Mysterious Death of Kendrick Johnson posted on April 22nd 2019. There has been some recent speculation and development in the case and I can’t stop getting lost in the Reddit forums. If you are new to podcasts, I highly recommend crime junkie and I actually have a whole blog post about getting started listening to podcasts: http://www.thepinkshoelaces.com/intro-to-podcasts/
That’s all I have for today folks! Check back again soon! Also, my facebook reach is declining so you might not be seeing my posts in your Facebook feed. If you ever see a post from me and you want to keep seeing me in your facebook feed, make sure to like or comment so facebook knows you want to see more of me!
Before I go, I want to give a HUGE shoutout to a couple of my readers who have bought me a coffee (or more than one!!) Your support means the world and I need all the “caffeine” I can get 😉
Thank you to Samantha, Diane, Marilyn, Bonnie, Judy, Elle, Laurie, Gloria, Signe, and a few other anonymous fans!
Don’t miss my latest posts:
Enjoy your blog!