Remember I blogged about not knowing what to do with Carver for preschool? You can read that post here: http://www.thepinkshoelaces.com/i-am-just-hating-this/
We’ve made the decision: Carver will be going to three year old preschool this fall.
This has been a long debated topic in our house and we’ve made this decision based on several reasons. I know a lot of parents are struggling with this right now so I thought maybe sharing our thoughts may help you collect yours.
Carver is really good about wearing a mask. He enjoys wearing it, picking it out, he keeps it on, he doesn’t complain too much about it. He’s got a great attitude about it and he knows it helps protect other people from getting sick.
We are able to transport Carver to and from preschool so he doesn’t have to ride the bus. This was a request made by our school district to minimize the amount of kids on the bus so they can spread out and social distance. It also limits Carver’s exposure.
In yesterday’s blog post, (Linked below), I talked about the bonuses of my schedule and this is one of those bonuses – having a flexible work schedule. Craig works about a mile away from the school and doesn’t have to be at work until 8 most days anyway.
If we delay Carver starting preschool, let’s say we wait until the second quarter to send him, everyone will already know everybody and know the routine and the schedule and when to wear masks and when not to wear masks and when to wash hands etc. I don’t want him to feel behind or confused if we delay his start date.
Carver will be starting school in the middle of a pandemic. It’s not a terrible thing, Carver will have social distancing, hand hygiene, covering your cough and all of those germy etiquettes down to a tee in no time.
We didn’t make this decision lightly, this was talked about for weeks and months and for a long time I didn’t think we would send him but Carver is SO ready and we are too.
If you’ve chosen to make a different decision about sending your kids to school, good for you. Honestly. What a hard decision to make. We’ve gone back and forth so many times as I’m sure you have to.
On one hand, I know this may be a controversial blog post. On the other hand, I know this is the best choice for our family.
There is one thing I want to make very clear though: I believe in the coronavirus. I’ve seen with my own two eyes what it is and what it does. I understand it is risky sending kids to school. This isn’t me just “getting over it” or saying “I’m not afraid of it,” this is me and my family trying to learn how to cope and adapt the best way we can.
Any haters will be deleted ✌🏻 I’ll do my family and you do yours! Thanks for reading friends!
- To school, or not to School, that is the Question
- Commuting as a Nurse
- Spring Cleaning in August?
- Target Run and Bathroom Remodel Update!
- Kalissa’s Top Five Favorites of the Week
Want to support The Pink Shoelaces?
Buy me a coffee!