I celebrated my 27th birthday last week.
Looking back on my memories on my timeline, some years I had given a little summary of accomplishments that I’d checked off my list during that year of life. Here is an example from my 26th birthday:
“Year 25 will go down as the year I survived a global pandemic, the year I became an ICU nurse, the year I fell in love with biking, the year I learned to love myself, the year I launched my Etsy shop, the year I healed my relationship with food, and the year I realized some bigger dreams of mine.”
I look back on the past 10 years and I’ve been checking boxes:
- Year 18 I moved out and earned my LPN
- Year 19 I earned my RN, got engaged
- Year 20 I got married and bought a house
- Year 21 I became a mom
- Year 22 I started teaching nursing clinicals (oof, this was a hard year)
- Year 23 I had another baby and completely transformed my finances
- Year 24 I lost my Dad and changed jobs, so did Craig
- Year 25, well see the above paragraph, it was a big year.
Well, looking back on year 26, I stopped caring so much about checking boxes. I stopped hanging my worth on achievements.
I found happiness in the mundane day to day life. I found contentment in progress and small wins. My marriage is the strongest it’s ever been. I love being a mom more than ever. The highlight of my day is when Carver snuggles with me after school. I’m proud of myself, in fact I love myself more than I ever have. I’m so thankful for a healthy pregnancy. I’m working towards some long term goals of mine. I’m in competition with no one. I’ve got enough. I am enough. I know my worth.
Honestly, that’s my greatest accomplishment of all.
Hungry for more? Check out my latest posts!
- Friedman Fam Update – January 2023
- Something New: Social Media Management!
- Still Here…
- I’m DOING IT.
- Holiday Greetings from The Friedman Fam!
Have you visited my Etsy Shop Lately? See what’s new!
I design and create a variety of quilting, cross stitching, and graphic tees as well as quilting themed stationery, stickers, notepads, cards, and more! I’d love for you to check it out!